21 June 2015

Six Things Sunday

Hey m'dears!

Happy Sunday! Hope you're having a brilliant day and spoiling all the fathers in your life. Unfortunately, my Dad refuses to acknowledge Fathers' Day; so I'm considering sending my card to the North Pole instead to try and sweeten up Santa before next Christmas. Genius, no?

Aside from penning potential missives to the Arctic, here are six other things I've been up to this week:

1. Channelling The Proclaimers
I didn't quite get to 10,000 miles, but I did manage to chalk up over TEN miles this morning across the South Downs. Which would probably have sounded more impressive if I hadn't mentioned 10,000 miles first, huh?

I left at the crack of dawn (well, 9.15; which is the crack of dawn on a Sunday) and spent three hours wandering up hill, down dale, and err... through fields of cows.



The scenery wasn't bad either...





Even washing is more picturesque in the countryside

2. Glamorous Lunch Dates
Sometimes you just can't beat a solo lunch date with a magazine and excessive amounts of carbohydrates.


My lunch date with Kate Hudson

3. Discovering my Soul Sista
I spontaneously picked up Hadley Freedman's book "Be Awesome: Modern Life for Modern Ladies" at the library last weekend and hungrily devoured it in less than two days. I had an "OMG! What if we're BRAIN TWINS?!" moment the minute I saw she'd referenced The Princess Bride in the opening paragraph. Later references to Bill and Ted and her identical hatred of Andie MacDowell (see: Four Weddings and a Funeral) confirmed my suspicions. 

I've now accepted the fact there's no point in me ever trying to write a book, because it would essentially be this one; just not as well written. Bravo, Hadley. 

4. Staring at steers
I spotted this guy early on this morning's jaunt and was very impressed by his trompe l'oile-ness:



Then I almost (literally) bumped into this guy who, you'll have to admit, is even more impressive:


Please excuse AWFUL photo quality. Just pretend it's a watercolour painting.

5. Feeling all feminist
Yesterday morning I was feeling rather blue, but this was solved the minute I found a bargain box set of Gilmore Girls Season 2 (the very reason I went into that shop, no less!) and marathoned the first 4 episodes. You can't beat a bit of linguistically-gymnastic sass.



6. Petitioning
For the management at Poundland to take their hard-working staff to Longleat (and not just because it's awesome):



What have you been up to this week?

I'm linking up to gorgeous Hannah's The Week That Was Captured #TWTWC

TWTWC

Katie xxx

6 comments:

  1. I freak out coming across cows in a field (being chased....hunted.... down by them as a kid has scarred me for life) so I am not sure how I would have reacted to your discovery. But it would have been disproportionate! It actually seems like a perfect day. Congrats. I am very jealous! :-) #TWTWC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well 10miles is v impressive! I did 2.5 miles which is a mere pittance in comparison!!! That lunch looketh delicious!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that looks a pretty good week! Good on you for 10 miles, we did 8 once and that nearly killed me!! Love the hobbit looking house too. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Congrats on walking 10 miles - even leaving the house on a Sunday would be an achievement for me! :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those homes <3 I would love to live in the countryside if it looked like that! Also, Gilmore Girls is my everything. If you haven't watched the entire series, I have to recommend you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm up to the end of Season 2 - I'm waiting to find the third one in a second hand shop! Although I'm really eager to find it ASAP, so might have to go for ebay :) xxx

      Delete