22 March 2013

Five Things Friday

Yippee! It's the weekend!!

To celebrate, here's a smorgasbord of things that I think are darn tootin' excellent. 

1. Dinotastic Discovery

A friend sent me a link to this excellent story about a little girl who discovered a brand new species of dinosaur!! They've named it after her and everything- not too shabby for someone who isn't tall enough to ride a rollercoaster! 


Vectidraco Daisymorrisae - Daisy Morris's dragon from the Isle of Wight

I'm going to get me to the Isle of Wight STAT so I can find a Katiesaurus!!! 

2. Complimentary, my dear Watson

Who isn't a sucker for having nice things said about them?! I've had two particularly grin-enducing comments recently from the brilliant Jen and kind-hearted Charis which really made my day:



If there's one thing I want my hypothetical great-great-grandchildren to be told about me, it's that I made people laugh. Whether on purpose, or by accident... 

3. Setting up my own Starbucks

I've had my eye on some of these Monin syrups for a while- the kind they have lining the shelves of the barrista section in Generic Coffee Chains across the globe. They're the only reason I'll ever consider spending £3.50 on something that costs aforementioned Evil Consumerist Dark Lords of Coffee approximately 3.5p to make. So I decided to buy my own instead. In your FACE, Captain Starbucks. 


(L-R) Toffee Nut, White Chocolate, Vanilla, Caramel, Vanilla,
Hazelnut, Gingerbread, Chocolate Cookie

These bottles are going to last me until I'm at least 75. I scarcely ever drink coffee really, and there's no chance of them going off before I can finish them because they contain absolutely nothing natural what.so.ever. If there's ever a nuclear war I'm pretty sure getting into a bath full of this stuff would keep me safe from the fallout.

4. Rainy walks home

I'm sure I've waffled on before about how, given the option, I would just live in pyjamas and grandad jumpers and forgo normal clothes. Some days I just want to Pyjama Up as soon as I get home from work. Which means I don't really mind if a sudden turn in the weather makes my fifteen-minute walk home slightly wetter than anticipated. It's the perfect excuse to towel-dry my hair and fling on my PJs at 4pm. Bliss. 


5. Dancing like a loon

I know I'm about 9 months late to the Bruno Mars party, but now I'm here I'm heading straight to the dance floor. I haven't been able to get this song out of my head for the last month; and every time I hear it I want to flail about grinning like a loon. Dancing is weird, huh?



Have you discovered (or rediscovered) anything good recently? Please do share!

Katie xxx

4 comments:

  1. Peanut Butter! I haven't had it for years and years and then the other week my mum gave me a Reese's peanut butter cup thingy and now I'm a little bit obsessed. I'm waiting for the day when I have a jar of PB IN ONE HAND and a jar of nutella IN THE OTHER HAND!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for expressing your ideas on this blog. In addition,
    a fantasy regarding the lenders intentions
    any time talking about home foreclosure is that the financial institution will not take my repayments.
    There is a certain quantity of time the bank will take payments here
    and there. If you are too deep hole, they may commonly call that you pay the actual payment entirely.

    However, that doesn't mean that they will have any sort of installments at all. When you and the lender can be capable to work some thing out, a foreclosure process may cease. However, if you ever continue to skip payments in the n

    Take a look at my web site :: bananamall.co.kr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, I love this post!!

    I love your personal Starbucks collection! I need to invest in some of those syrups as well.

    What I've discovered recently? My love for Doctor Who. I just started season 1 last week and I'm addicted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the syrups are BRILLIANT. I bought an extra bottle to the ones shown above, which I've just posted to my sister-in-law as a surprise. It's gin flavoured, yet booze-free. Perfect for a pregnant lady who's been craving a G&T for months! :) xx

      Delete