26 April 2013

Don't forget to...

I like to think I'm very much a glass-half-full (of hot chocolate) kind of girl, but I'm on day SIX of this cold now and I. Just. Don't. Understand. Where. All. The. Snot. Is. Coming. From. 

Seriously.

My face is like the gunge tank from Get Your Own Back. 

I've used so many tissues in the past few days, I feel like I'm personally waging war on the Amazon. Because I've blown my nose on at least half a rainforest's amount of trees, like a super phlegmy homage to Fern Gulley.

I'm not looking for sympathy (but thank you all for your sweet comments and suggestions about vitamin-C-packed goodies! I'm sure I read something saying lemon drizzle cake has healing properties...); I just wanted to let you all know why it's been quieter here in Hook, Line & Sink Her Land this week than I would've liked it to be. It's amazing how the whole "not being able to breathe" thing has worn me out! 

This weekend is going to be a laid back affair of copious tea and crafting with friends (so, pretty much like ALL my weekends, really), and there's one thing I'll certainly be remembering to do (beyond packing sixteen boxes of tissues any time I leave the house), and that's:


This is my interpretation (read: total rip off) of this incredibly sweet print by Kerry Layton available at Papermash


Yes, the camera is really wonky; but I think that adds to the homespun vibe. Plus it's not as if I can't redo it if the jaunty angles really start to bug me. The camera took a matter of minutes, but I wanted to make sure I kept in the lines for the "smile" text; so that took longer. Neat colouring in is HARD. 

Hope you all have utterly brilliant weekends!

Katie xxx

4 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon! (Garlic, chilli and oranges...not together.) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm... garlicy oranges :) Good for keeping away scurvy and vampires. Thanks for the tip! xx

      Delete
  2. Gah, trust me, I think a lot of us have been there with the epic colds recently. Now, gunge. Funny you should mention it. In a wholly bizarre conversation with colleagues on the subject of Noel Edmunds this week I got to wondering what happened to gunge. Such a '90's phenomenon. They should bring it back. Newsnight would be 100% better for a bit of a gunging of the guests every now and again. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're totally right! Can we start a campaign? Perhaps a bit of gunging on the X Factor too? "You didn't make it through, so we're going to cover you in gunge".... xxx

      Delete