I've therefore decided (all of three seconds ago) to publish a series of gift guides this year, as my way of giving back to the internet for all the guides I've previously drooled over like a collage-loving Doberman*. Due to my ad-hoc approach to blogging, I can't confirm how many posts there'll be in said series, but I can promise there'll be at least one (spoiler: it's this one).
I particularly like gift guides that are themed around price, recipient, or colour, because compartmentalising things makes me happy. So I've themed Gift Guide No. 1 as "People like me", to help you buy presents for anyone you know who loves dinosaurs, millionaire shortbread, and stuff covered in maps**. You're welcome.
1. Is your Mum ashamed of her boring, regular doormat? Help her save face with future guests by buying her this one as a replacement.
2. Do you wish your girlfriend's lips taste like ice-cream 24/7, instead of the meagre 20 hours a day when she's actually eating ice-cream? This lip balm has answered your wish.
3. If you can't afford a trip to the Arctic with your fiancée, this necklace is basically the same thing.
4. The festive colours in this tartan dress make it a great outfit for Christmas Day; and it's the perfect shape to hide a Christmas dinner food baby.
5. This plate has all the romance of a dinner under the stars, without the numb fingers.
6. Give your sweetheart something even sweeter, such as this jarful of peanut and salted caramel chocolate from
7. Do your sister's legs look like rabbits? No?! Sort it out with these tights, stat!
8. Buy her this brooch. That is all.
9. While this globe is pretty expensive, one really can't put a price on education, and your niece might be secretly unsure about which countries are actually in Europe...
10. These towels will make your daughter feel like she's being dried off with fluffy sunshine.
11. If your aunt is too lazy for proper baking, this mug is perfect for making mug cakes. Buy two, and maybe she'll bake one for you too.
12. Part humbug sweet, part Beetlejuice, this clutch bag is all class.
Seen any good gift guides recently?***
*I probably didn't need to specify collage-loving. I mean, has anyone ever met a Doberman who DIDN'T love collages? They're definitely the best scrapbookers of the canine world.
**If you don't know anyone else who'd appreciate these things, but still want to buy them, feel free to tweet me for my address...
*** Apart from this one, obviously.