I hope you're all having fantastic weekends :)
My crafting itch has continued to demand scratching despite completing two projects earlier in the week; so this morning I decided to tackle a painting project from my To Craft list.
I've had this print on my radar for ages. I think it's beautiful, but there's no way I'd spend fifty English pounds on a print unless it was covered in Joe Manganiello's DNA which I could use to clone him*.
|Original La Lune print|
My Mum recently brought round a couple of cheap-and-cheerful blank canvases she didn't want, and as I already had black and white acrylic paint I didn't have to buy any materials. I'm the first to admit I'm far from an accomplished painter, but I think this came out reasonably well. Certainly well enough for the fact it was free, and not £50 :)
I actually made the black much more uniform than the original print; might spatter some white paint over it later as long as it doesn't end up looking like, erm... DNA.
* Obviously, I would just make him do the housework.