24 September 2012

Current loves

Hello lovelies! 

I hope you all had fantastic weekends, despite the inclement weather. Mine was a brilliant combination of visiting the in-laws, another National Trust adventure, art exhibitions, jumper shopping, a bit of DIY and gossip over tea and cake. 

The last few weeks have been really tough, so I've been relying on lots of little treats to get me through the week without running away to join the circusThese have included:

Genmai Cha (aka Popcorn Tea)
I picked up some of this delicious loose-leaf tea during our recent holiday on the Norfolk Broads and I'm absolutely loving it. It smells like hot cereal, and tastes like savoury popcorn. It's the perfect belly-warming drink for colder weather, and a brilliant way to counteract excessive sugar indulgence induced nausea (excellent for those people unable to say "no" to a third helping of pudding... *ahem*)



Witty women
I love that the internet is full of such funny, interesting people. Reading a happy-go-lucky post or two always takes the edge off my grump. I highly recommend popping over to visit this lady, or this one, or this one if you fancy a giggle. 
This came up in my Google search for "laughing at computer". Doesn't really illustrate my point but LOOK HOW CUTE.

My famous bestie
This week the excellent Fran from Skulls and Ponies was ON THE NEWS :D She was raising awareness of the effect that over-medicating can have on people with migraines. I am super proud of her for the effort she puts into helping other migraine sufferers try to cope with their debilitating symptoms, and for saying good things on the TV. Beats me ranting like an old lady about school girls' short skirts after I was cornered by a BBC news team in Brighton last year. 

A cake commission
I'm going to be spending a lot of this weekend in the kitchen baking up a storm, as my new favourite little person is soon turning 2 and his Mum has asked me to bake his birthday cake! I've also got to bake lots of cupcakes for the grown-ups, and I've been given complete artistic freedom on the flavours and decoration. I'm very excited about creating some (hopefully!) beautiful and tasty concoctions to be the literal icing on the cake of his birthday party. 

I've also been indulging in plenty of these too...




Have you got any fail-safe ways to cheer yourself up if work/life gets tough? I'd love to hear :) 

Katie xxx

6 comments:

  1. That photo made me want tea! So awesome that you've been commissioned to make cupcakes =)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful photo, isn't it? Could happily look at pictures of pretty teacups all day! I am very excited about getting to spend the whole day in the kitchen playing with food colouring :p
      xx

      Delete
  2. Wow...I'm in the same sentence with the gorgeous Amber and hot totty Thrifty?! I die happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you are! You're all my dream dinner party guests (Ghandi schmandi)

      Delete
  3. Chocolate makes everything better! A colleague introduced me to the Cute Overload site - when ever we're stressed in work we get it up and look at pictures of kittens. Works a treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww- kittens AND a tortoise AND a hamster in party hats?! Too, too cute :) Thank you for sharing- I'll definitely add this to my Cheer Up list x

      Delete