8 February 2014

Why I'd rather be a sheep

Hello lovelies!

It's been a while. How are you?

My last few weeks have fluctuated between crying with laughter and crying with frustration. Basically, a lot of crying. It's a good thing I've been regularly replenishing my body's fluid/salt levels with copious quantities of wine and cheese, or else I'd be all dehydrated like a prune.

All this yoyo-ing has left my brain a little worn out. I have so many things I want to tell you all about, but I'm struggling to start. So, until I'm back on form, I've opted for answering a list of questions from the lovely Kezzie who sent me my surprise birthday presents last year. Here goes...

1. What is the meaning of life?

Spreading happiness. I think if everyone really, really tried to do this (myself included), we could eradicate a lot of the problems in the world. 

2. Favourite sweetie?
I'm not really a sweets person. I can eat chocolate 'til the cows come home, but most sweets I just find boring. Does fudge count? If so, I'm opting for fudge. Or something involving sherbet. Mmm...

3. Princess Jasmine or Belle? Why?
Belle, because my life is basically like her's anyway. Except for the bit where I'm being held hostage in exchange for my mad-scientist father. The identical bits are that I live with an incredibly hairy man, cut flowers live for a spookily long time in our house, and we have a candelabra with a voice that is far too sexy for an inanimate object. Ok, that last one isn't true. 

That voice AND dance moves? Swit swoo!

I just found out that Lumiere was voiced by Jerry Orbach, aka the father who put Baby in the corner in Dirty Dancing. I don't know how to feel about this.

4. What do you like most about blogging?
Getting to discover and interact with interesting, funny, like-minded, and totally different people from all over the world, and having a record of my creative projects and musings to look back on. 

5. And what do you like least?
That I sometimes feel sad about how I can't seem to gain any followers/not getting sent tons of free crap. I am fully aware that a toys-out-of-the-pram tantrum about not being sent some free hot chocolate/not having 100 followers would be a very ungrateful and Verruca Salt-like thing to do, especially as that's not what blogging is about, but I still occasionally turn into a bit of a green-eyed monster when I see some of my fellow bloggers being sent presents every five minutes. 

6. Who was your favourite childhood stuffed/cuddly toy and why? Do you still have them?
My Mum knitted me a doll of Ted Glen when I was a toddler, because I was apparently IN LOVE with his moustachey face, and every time he came on TV in Postman Pat I would go up and kiss the screen. So my Mum made me this dude, to keep her TV screen free of sticky toddler adoration:

Excellent facial hair and handy with a tool box. Two traits I clearly still adore in a man. 

7. Favourite board game?
Cards Against Humanity is my new favourite game, although, technically, it doesn't involve a board; so I'd have to go for Balderdash (which is basically the same game but requires an imagination). 

8. Would you rather be a sheep or a cow? Why?
A sheep. Under the stipulation that I was NEVER allowed to be shorn. I'm a fan of cosy jumpers all year round. 

9. What word do you have issues with spelling?
Some words with double consonants. I can't think of any specific examples right now, but I knew I'd become a fully-fledged member of the NHS when I could spell Musculoskeletal without spellchecker :p  

10. What pet would you love if you could have something?
When I was younger I really wanted a pet cat. Not a house cat- a lynx, or a panther, or a snow leopard. I also had an imaginary cocker spaniel and an imaginary pet rat I used to play with during school breaktimes. Bit of a chicken and egg thing there- I'm not sure if I dreamt them up because I had no friends, or if I lost the few friends I had once I began stroking the air three inches above my shoulder where my pet rat was sitting. Hmmm...

My dog looked like this. Only, y'know, imaginary.

11. What question would you like to answer that you've never been asked?
I was going to say "Will you marry me?" (haha!) but I think I've actually been asked that before by drunken friends/ strangers who were totally blown away with my sweet dance moves. Perhaps "Which bank account would you like this million pounds paid into?" 


Katie xxx

6 comments:

  1. I love your answers! Shucks, I wish I'd nomianted people now because I really want to read more of the answers to these questions!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an excellent selection of questions - I'm sure other people will get involved :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Aw, I hope you're feeling much better Katie. I hope it's nothing more than the winter blues. Sending a big hug over the interweb. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the virtual hug and the kind words- I'll be ok; it's nothing that (a lot of) chocolate can't fix :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Ted Glen is an underrated heart throb. Fact. x

    ReplyDelete