So here's the Awkward:
1. Crazy stress levels, which have been making me feel like this:
2. Accidentally spilling half a cup of water on my right boob whilst rushing around at work.
Not really sure why I added the "accidentally" there... Who would do that on purpose?!
Anyway, I then had to spend five minutes in the ladies' as an amateur contortionist, trying to bend low enough to fit the top of my dress under the hand-dryer:
I'm just glad no-one else came in to use the loos.
3. Finding out there's a Giant Spider in our kitchen, hiding behind the dishwasher. I haven't seen it, but I heard Tom yell something along the lines of "Holy Crap!"- which is basically our code for Elephant Sized Spider On The Loose.
I really don't like spiders. Especially Giant ones. But you know what my biggest fear is? WHAT IF IT CUTS ME OFF FROM THE FRIDGE?!
1. Monday was our 5 Year Anniversary. FIVE YEARS. That's, like, a really long time. This year's celebrations were pretty low-key (which was nothing to do with both of us forgetting, *ahem*... at least we're equally hopeless!), but Tom bought me a killer toffee cake and the most beautiful flowers I've ever seen :)
2. Finding my new favourite wintery drink. I may not have actually tried it yet, but I KNOW it's going to blow Hot Elderflower Punch out of the water. On Monday I found cherry juice(!) in the fresh juice isle at Tesco, and my bakery sense* is telling me that cherry juice + Amaretto is going to be like a cup of (alcoholic) Bakewell tart. I'll let you know how it goes.
3. Watching Orange is the new Black. We recently started a Netflix subscription, and I am VERY excited about all the rubbishy rom coms in my future. However, after receiving a very enthusiastic recommendation for Orange is the New Black, I've mainly been watching that. It's edgy, funny, dramatic, and has a lot less shiv-ing than I expected for a series set in prison. Four stars.
4. Chocolate. It's stopped me from stabbing anyone with a Biro.
What's been going on in your life recently?
* Like a Spidey Sense, only it tingles about pastry.