I'm sharing something a little bit different today. Those of you who know me for reals will be aware I have several big loves in my life; Tom, my friends, deer, dinosaurs, and food. Food is a huge part of my
I thought I'd start off with something super simple but rather delicious. I made this drink after work today, after trying it at Bills (my all-time favourite restaurant) last night I spotted some reduced strawberries on my way home and figured it was a sign. It's a much lighter drink than most wintery beverages (not that there's anything wrong with a salted-caramel whipped-cream flake-topped double-shot mocha-hot-chocolate thingummy six times a week) and non-alcoholic; so you can have as many as you wish throughout the festive season, even if you're the designated driver :) Hurrah!
|Elderflower punch, courtesy of Bills. Om nom|
Elderflower cordial (Bottlegreen do a tasty one, and they've actually got a competition going on their website at the moment to win some for free!)
Fruit of your choice (strawberries, lime and orange work really well- and they're nice festive colours too!)
To make the punch:
1. Pour the desired quantity of cordial into your favourite mug/a glass cup so you can watch all the fruit bobbing about.
2. Add sugar to taste, if you think it needs a bit o' extra sweetness.
3. Chop up your fruit- halve the strawberries and cut a few slices of orange and lime - and pop 'em into your cup.
4. Add boiling water and give it a good stir until the sugar has dissolved and the cordial is evenly mixed.
5. Let it cool to drinking temperature, and enjoy it :) Mince pie optional*
I think this could also look really sweet served up in a glass teapot, accompanied by little china teacups with wedges of fruit on the side. I am totally doing that next time I have a dinner party.
|Image courtesy of Weight Watchers. |
See; even the images for this recipe are virtuous!
*Not really, you have to have one! Do it.