I've had a couple of bad things happen over the last few days, and feel like I need to make a list of some awesome stuff to get myself fully back to happy again.
Don't get me wrong; I'm aware my troubles are insignificant dots compared to post-Sandy fallout/children starving - but they've still been a bit pants and in one instance left me feeling slightly shaken and tearful for a rather disproportionate amount of time (I hit a parked car last night as I was pulling out of a space- cue horrible metal scraping sound and me going into nauseated panic mode. I'm trying to get some perspective though as it was an accident, and it wasn't a child.)
So, time for some cheery news;
1. I found this story today via Twitter and I think it's absolutely inspiring. Plus there's a photograph of some really cute kids to illustrate the article.
2. The advert Kevin Bacon filmed in my cute little town is now live. The ACTUAL Kevin Bacon. Very sad I didn't bump into him and get to tell him how much I love Footloose. And Tremors, obviously. OH MY WORD... I've just discovered they made TREMORS 2, 3 AND 4. There'd better be a box-set of those out there somewhere on the internet.
3. This tweet from comedian Sarah Millican:
4. Getting excited about Christmas crafts. Particularly about making an advent calendar like this:
5. This week I'll be posting off my international sweetie swap gifts to Jen. Very excited to see if she likes the things I've chosen!
6. I'm still unbelievably excited that I won the hello DODO first birthday giveaway! Ali and Jam sent me a lovely email and after having a snoop around their etsy shop I've now chosen my four(!!) prizes. I can't wait for them to turn up and will, of course, show you all when they do :) Eep!
Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend.